Madalena holds three large land blocks in the prolific hydrocarbon basin within the Neuquén province of Argentina which has the following characteristics:
(1) underexploited basins home to world-class conventional and unconventional plays amendable to the application of North American technology;
(2) boasts the second largest recoverable shale gas resource and fourth largest recoverable shale oil resource globally;
(3) established infrastructure with an extensive pipeline and facility "grid";
(4) an expanding oil and gas service sector;
(5) industry receptive Provincial Government.
Madalena's three large land blocks (278,000 gross acres, 135,000 net acres) are shown below with each of the blocks considered "prime" acreage positions in the unconventional shales and conventional/tight sand plays:
Block #1: COIRON AMARGO
Block #2: CURAMHUELE
Block #3: CORTADERA
Source: Based on mapping by the Gobierno de la Provincia del Neuquén, modified by Madalena Energy Inc.